An anklet also termed as ankle chain or bracelet is a jewellery worn around the ankle. Silver anklets and toe ring traditionally have been worn for eras by girls and women in India, where it is usually known as payal. Some women use formal anklets (of silver, gold, or beads) as fashion ornaments.
Anklets are an essential part of women’s accessory in the Indian culture; they have great religious and social importance.
Though they have also been found in other old cultures of Egypt and the Middle East, Egyptian women have also worn them for predynastic periods. In the United States, both casual and more formal anklets became popular from the 1930s to the late twentieth century. India has placed vital importance on them- to the point where they’re being imitated all across the globe!
Why should you wear anklet?
Now the question is arising as we have realised anklets play a crucial role in Indian religion or any other religions since ages but why should you wear anklets? It has some health benefits that is why people are wearing it for many years. Why should you wear anklets? Read on to know the reasons.
- Girls like to wear silver payals. In some religions, wearing sterling silver anklets is a compulsion after the wedding. There are several reasons for this tradition. Anklet plays a significant function in ‘16 Shringar’ of women. In ancient times, women used to wear anklets as a vital sign.
- With all these customs, the culture of making woman wearing designer silver anklet started. Moreover, by wearing anklets, its sound suppresses any negative energy circulating inside the house.
- When family members meet and hear the sound of anklets, they know a woman is coming and would greet her with regard.
- Bachelor women occasionally wear designer silver anklets with tiny dings that make a very different sound while walking, therefore bringing notice to the wearer’s feet and legs.
- Silver Payals are supposed to be traditional, and a propitious gift for the new bride in India.
- Often, Hindu women favour wearing payals made of silver and not gold. That is because Indians consider gold to be the metal of the Lord, and is therefore divine.
- It is felt that wearing a payal; one’s positive energy is re-vibrated to one’s body. That is because, under the Hindu faith, our feet and hands are emitting energy continuously.
- Anklets made of gold and silver when always rubs the ankles, the bones get tougher. Also, reasonable price designer anklet add up to the attraction of women.
Points to note while Wearing Anklets
Going to the workplace with jewelry on your ankle may be regarded as a grave breach of etiquette rules, particularly if you work for an MNC.
Some strange women favour wearing anklets over their socks. But try to avoid this choice and wear anklets totally on bare ankles for more useful results.